Stoilensky Mining and Beneficiation Plant is one of the three leading Russian enterprises for the production of iron ore (accounting for 19% of iron ore production in Russia, with a staff of 6,000 people). Stoilensky GOK is one of the most profitable mining companies in the world. It is a unique enterprise that combines high efficiency, low production costs and the highest quality products. High-grade ore and banded iron formations are mined using the open-pit method. The quarrying system includes an external waste disposal system. Loose sediments are quarried by rotary machine and cyclic action excavators. Rock overburden, high-grade ore and banded iron formations are mined using cyclic action excavators, with preliminary loosening conducted by means of drilling and blasting. Mined rock is transported out of the open-pit mine by road, rail and conveyor. For effective management of the mining and transport complex, an integrated railway station control system has been in operation since 2006, and the ZM Karier Mine Fleet Management System has been in use since 2007. In 2016, the system was upgraded to automatically dispatch and optimise open-pit transport, taking into account ore quality and other tasks involved in production.
- Increase of operational control reliability of the SCC's work;
- Increase in efficiency of cargo transportation of mine dump trucks due to reduction of non-technological downtime and loading control;
- Enhancement of technical arrangements of control systems for SCB devices;
- Increase of industrial safety in railway transport;
- Improve of the quality of charge preparation.
- Specific fuel consumption has decreased by more than 5%;
- The productivity of dump trucks increased by 6.1% for 4 months after the implementation;
- The fluctuations in quality indicators (ore averaging process) submitted for processing have decreased;
- More stable management of the enrichment process was achieved;
- Non-operational refueling was created; the direction to the filling station is carried out automatically, minimizing of queues at the gas station;
- An increase in the average mileage of tires by 2.5%;
- The average operational speed of dump trucks increased by 7.8%;
- Central railway dispatch allowed to optimize the schedule and route the trains.