Polyus is the largest gold producer in Russia and one of the top 10 global gold mining companies, with one of the lowest production costs in the world. Polyus has the second largest gold reserves in the world (proven and probable reserves, according to the international classification, amount to 68 million ounces), which provides the foundation for sustainable growth in production. The company's main enterprises are located in the Krasnoyarsk Krai, the Irkutsk and Magadan Regions, as well as in the Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, and include five operating mines, gold-bearing deposits, and a number of projects currently at the stage of construction and development.
In 2017, the video surveillance and collision avoidance system for mining equipment and transport Orlaco was introduced to improve the safety of mining operations carried out on mining equipment. The system has proven to be reliable and ensures the efficient and safe operation of the enterprise's machinery.
- Drivers warning when approaching the edge of the dump, other vehicles, buildings;
- Collisions prevention with vehicles ahead;
- Warning of people and vehicles in the blind areas;
- Reducing the likelihood of emergencies during manuvers in parking lots, dumps, places with large number of vehicles.
- Decrease of the probability of emergency during the interaction of mining transport;
- Increased overall road safety;
- Better visibility from the driver's cabin;
- Increase of the level of safety during vehicles interaction at one area of work, in the parking during the shift change, especially in the dark and in harsh weather conditions.